Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Aluminum Drip Pan Size

Options
Boatman
Boatman Posts: 854
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What size aluminum drip pan do you use on your large? TIA B)

Comments

• Kenny 13
    Kenny 13 Posts: 321
    Options
    I just bought the 16" with my AR. Figured it would work well for larger cuts or just more quantity.

While discussing the aluminum pans, anyone using these in place of the plate setter or stone for indirect cooks? I know the aluminum will have trouble with high heat, but I'm wondering if that's just if you put it close to the coals. For example, would it be a problem putting an aluminum pan right under a pizza stone that's on top of the AR for a 500-600° pizza cook, just to keep some of that direct heat off the bottom of the stone? Just wondering if I could use it like that, get a second stone for those cases, or just go with no indirect piece altogether.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    I have a round 12" cake pan I use, but line with foil for ease of clean up.
    IMG_2737.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i use a foil wrapped 13.5 inch paella pan here, its sturdy enough to place the second grill right on it. i use that pan for a lot of things
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JBUG99999
    JBUG99999 Posts: 263
    Options
    I use the aluminum pizza pans, unless I need a deeper drip pan, then I have a heavy duty cake pan I use. The pizza pans are cheap!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    The 13" and 16" from ceramic grill store work great. Check Tom's site for sizes.

100_1815.jpg