Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wrapping with foil ?

edited 5:37AM in EggHead Forum
I am wondering if wrapping in foil generally makes ribs, brisket, more juicy.[p]My thought is smoke for a time first, and then wrap, hoping to retain moisture.[p]Any thoughts will be appreciated.[p]

Comments

• RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    KL,
    I personally think that wrapping in foil is unnecessary in the BGE. The ceramics in the BGE maintain an appropriate moister level while cooking. Also, I think that when you wrap in foil there is an amount of juice that is left in foil when the meat is removed would actually have stayed in the meat. Wrapping Butts in foil would destroy the bark that I trying to create.[p]Finally, the best way to maintain moister levels in the BGE is to leave the dome closed. The more you open the dome the more moisture that you loose.[p]Hope this Helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• RhumAndJerk, I think it comes out but then as it sets it re-absorbs...IMHO