Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Reverse ABT Results with recipe

Angie2BAngie2B Posts: 543
edited 2:13AM in EggHead Forum
Oh! My! Goodness! Yummidelicous! If you like the taste of ABT's and don't have the time to individually stuff them, this recipe is for you. Even if you do have time, this recipe is for you![p]3lbs boneless pork loin
1 pablano pepper,roasted, then finely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, boiled, then roasted,then finely chopped
1/2 of a container of chive and onion soft cream cheese
1/2 package of skinless smoked sausage, finely chopped
your favorite rub
enough bacon to wrap stuffed pork loin with one layer of bacon.[p]I boiled the jalapeno pepper to cut down on the heat a tad, I wanted spicy, not painful, since this was a dinner entre. Then in a preheated cast iron skillet, I roasted the peppers til they had some charred spots on them. After this, I set them in a covered bowl for a few minutes to soften up.[p]Next, I cut strings to tie up the roast and layed my bacon on top of the strings. I placed the pork loin on top of the bacon and butterflied it in half. Spread the cream cheese on the loin,added the sausage and peppers, closed it up,dusted it with rub, and wrapped the bacon around it and then tied it.I added a small handful of hickory chips at the beginning of the cook. I smoked it on the egg for approximaely 1hr 20 min. I brought it up to 143, but I liked it cooked a little longer than that, so I put it back on a while. I'm guessing to 155.[p]I took it off let it rest for 15 min, then sliced with an electric knife. Yummy for my Tummy Good! It had a spicey zing to it, but wasn't painful. Obviously, you could add more jalapeno peppers to it if you want it hotter, but this had a very nice flavor.[p]I will do this again. [p]Note: Microwave the rest of the smoked sausage plain for the kids who don't like peppers or spice. Also, this was done in my mini with a small aluminum disposible pan. The roast sat on top of little aluminum foil logs. I put apple juice in the bottom of the pan.

Comments

• Angie2BAngie2B Posts: 543
    I forgot to say the egg temp was between 325-350.

• Smokin JoeSmokin Joe Posts: 441
    Angie2B,
    Wow!!! Sounds awesome! I'll have to give this one a whirl soon. Joe