Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sayin' Buh Bye...

Options
Jasper
Jasper Posts: 378
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
...to "Old Rusty", my big old propane grill who is getting some new paint and then being sold.
DSC02022a.jpg

"Old Rusty" was a good grill for her time, served me well back in those naive days of propane cooking. Pfft, I know better now. :laugh:

In it's place will be my new cedar egg table, which is just about finished. Hurray!

Will post a before and after pic in the of the same spot in the egg table forum when it's all done.

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    We just bid adieu to our 4 burner tech infrared gasser a couple days ago. Hadn't been used in forever!! Tim's got a very happy shooting buddy though!! B) It was one of those....."free to a good home" kinda things.... :laugh:
    I had the patio swept and the Eggs moved in it's spot in NO time! :laugh: Great to have the extra space! ;)
  • Jasper
    Jasper Posts: 378
    Options
    Yeah, the last time "Old Rusty" saw a cooking was back in June 09 just before I got a Weber kettle grill. I got hooked on charcoal after that and soon realized, in the winter, I NEEDED an egg. :woohoo: Glad I got one!
  • Eggsimus Maximus
    Options
    I'm keeping my 4 burner. It makes a great dry storage unit for my lump and eggcesories.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    My EGG is THE go to grill/smoker/cooker!BUT.....I still LOVE my webers.I only have the charcoal ones!WSM,Ranch Kettle,and 2 regular kettles.They have their place. B) It ain't flower pots either! :P ;)Heck,Arnold Palmer can play golf with a 2x4,I can cook on a can of sterno! :laugh:
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I am with you Hoss. My eggs rule the patio, but the webers have a place. I love my performer, and the wsm will always be a family member. Heck, my CL Weber gasser is an amazing find for 60 bucks. I am glad I have them all. The one I am getting rid of is my masterbuilt electric smoker. Great tool, but I am running out of room, and that is the one on the chopping block ...
  • Brokersmoker
    Options
    Still have the old gasser, only gets used for hotdogs, and the occasional 1/2" thick NY strip bought in the value packs. Will be a tough call though when the tank runs dry.
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Niiiiice. Threw my old gasser in the junk pile a year ago...Good feeling.
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    I'll be getting rid of one of my grills this summer. Still will have my Ducane gasser, my XL egg and I see room on the patio for a large. :laugh: ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    My ten year old Ducane is mostly Eggcessory storage, but still gets used for a quick burger or brat when I am by myself. Besides, it is part of the family ;) .

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    Out with the old and in with the better stuff.

I still have my Fire Magic. Will keep it. It comes in handy. Besides, my wife would kill me if I added another EGG. In due time............