Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rain Cap

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
33%3A%3A392723232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A4%3D933%3DXROQDF%3E2323559%3A3%3B8%3C8ot1lsi
<p />It's raining and I have a brisket on so I needed a cap over my Daisy Wheel. Guess what? The BGE Rain Cap fits over the Daisy Wheel and leaves just enough gap to keep the fire going without allowing rain to get in.[p]Spring Chicken
Spring Texas USA[p]

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Spring Chicken:[p]From the picture shown in your profile it looks like you could easily extend your roofline with a tin roof design and poles to provide you with a covered cook area. I did this to a part of my deck (with a shingled roof extension because slope allowed) and I am cooking in the rain today. Just a thought . . .
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    djm5x9,
    Yea, I've thought of that but I really like the "blue ceiling" Mother Nature provides. At least until July and August when she gets rather aggressive. When I re-do my deck area I will probably create a courtyard affect, complete with an outdoor kitchen. I'm only 6 numbers away from that dream. Texas Lottery is over $100 million and growing. And Wednesday, it has my name written all over it. [p]For now, I'm looking for cheap alternatives.[p]Spring Chicken

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Spring Chicken:[p]I know what you mean about the blue sky . . . And those wonderful stars . . . That is why I only did half of my deck. Regardless, a local carpenter could handle this for you on the cheap and with quality results.[p]Darryl, looking for those six numbers in Georgia . . .
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Head on down to Lowes and pick up a 7 inch shanty cap. It works great and still has enough room to adjust the daisy wheel vents. Costs $8.36 and mine has worked great during the last few overnight cooks with all this rain. We used them at the cookoff just in case.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    wetegg.JPG
    <p />Spring Chicken,
    Now this is a cheap rain cap! I'm cheap. I'm waiting for my 6 umbers to come up too...except I'm too cheap to spend the buck on a ticket. [p]Mike in MN ;>

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Mike in MN,[p]Cool aluminum egg poncho! Does it work in the snow too?[p]Beers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    ribsnrain.jpg
    <p />Spring Chicken,[p]Here's what the 7" Shanty cap looks like. It works great!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    That one was for sleet, snow isn't a problem...only for the cook![p]Mike in MN

• Tandoori Junior
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Thanks for the rain Cap, Dad should have a good time with it.