Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Central Savannah River Area Eggfest (Lots O Picks)

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well i got a invatation to come to augusta georgia and cook at pete alewine pools. well i took a few photos while i was there...

03-20-201031.jpg

03-20-20104.jpg
the guy in the middle is pete alewine.

03-20-201028.jpg
this is a picture of the invited cooks. from left to right steeler fan (and his wife), Me, Viadalia 1, Dr seuss, milesofsmiles, YB (and his wife).

03-20-201024.jpg

03-20-20101.jpg

03-20-201010.jpg

03-20-201019.jpg

the arrival of kim

03-20-20108.jpg

the arrival of miles of smiles
03-20-201018.jpg

check out those pants

03-20-201030.jpg

max will never be ashamed again :laugh:

03-20-20106.jpg

03-20-201022.jpg

03-20-201026.jpg

03-20-20102.jpg

we made some food

03-20-201021.jpg

03-20-201020.jpg
dr seuss made paella

03-20-20109.jpg

kim made some pizza's
03-20-201029.jpg

the mexican pizza was delish

03-20-20105.jpg

03-20-20103.jpg

03-20-201016.jpg

but the smore's pizza was plate licking good

03-20-201025.jpg

it was a real good time i did not get picturesof everything but steeler fan cooked some stuffed chicken. miles of smiles cooked gator tail, lots of shrimp, and some meatballs, YB cooked some brats, some pork tenderloin, and his famous bacon wrapped pickeled watermelon rinds...... it was a great time i will go help those fine folks out anytime they ask me.. here is one from the last time i was there proabably one of my favorite photos from a egg fest

2008-05-31010.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Glad you all had fun! Looks like a good time and I hope the turnout was good. Wonder how many eggs were sold?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Brother Bente, you really need to keep that thing in your mouth. Nice Pics Terry, looks like a great line-up of cooks.

Mike
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Can you ever go wrong where Eggers are present? Looks like a great time. Thanks for sharing.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Whose is that hungry big doggie with # 58 on its shirt... :woohoo: :laugh:
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    :laugh: :lol: :laugh: That second from the last photo....I burst out laughing just as I scrolled into it.
    You da man.

Thanks for the fun trip to Central Savannah River Area Eggfest.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I was so honored to be invited to cook at the CSRA Eggfest. Pete and his staff did everything to make us feel welcome. It was so much fun to cook for their customers and staff. I will post pics in a few minutes.
  • BENTE
    Options
    i heard they sold all of the eggs we used before we got there B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    yea sorry i missed your lunch today :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    it was fun i got too much sun

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    i don't know :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    and i am firmly convinced that the hodag cookie is the worlds best demo cook... i think i convinced a few others as well :laugh:

don't worry if you or desert filly are cooking anyplace i am i will not cook them... since ya'll are the reason i made them in the first place :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    and i always have fun around you kim!!!!

my wife seen the second pic of you getting out of the car and bust out laughing. she said "he looks like fun" i just had to laugh myself :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    A fun time was had by all. I have cooked at our store before, But this was my first Public cook on a day off, with no duties to do except hanging and cooking. These people ROCK n ROLL. Waltzing is ok, But Rockin n Rollin is better.
    Smiles to all. :):):) Ronnie.
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    I had a great time and I only fell for Terry's other shoulder thing one time. I can't wait to cook with you guys again. I loved it. Thanks for the invite.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Very cool! Wish I could've made it but unfortunately, and fortunately, I have to work mids this weekend. Looks like yall did a great job as usual!
  • MountainGriller
    Options
    What in the world is the shrimp dish and how do you cook it - WOW, looks good
  • BENTE
    Options
    paella dr suess made it here is a link to a write up on it

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/paella/paella.htm

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    we had a good time kime used carnivore for a pizza sauce and ronnie used some to cover the meatballs ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    well you can't blame me for trying :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    i hope you made it home the shortest route :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• MountainGriller
    Options
    Thank you very much - looks like a keeper
  • BENTE
    Options
    he made a very good version. i am not a paella maker but i understand there are a million ways to make it but the rice is important... and that is my complete knowledge on it :pinch:

although i have a pan just not able to devote time to learn at this point

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    We had a lot of fun with you guys yesterday.Great food and pictures.
    Larry