Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-Bone Fiorentina

Options
Buxwheat
Buxwheat Posts: 727
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a 3" thick T-bone. Rubbed w/ EVOO and seasoned w/ S&P, rosemary, thyme, basil, and garlic salt. Seared 2 min/side on CIG on Spider (legs up), dome at 650°. Pulled inside and rested for 20+ min while Egg cooled down to 400°. Back on the regular grid and turned every 5 min for 35 min. Pulled when center temp 125°. While T-Bone was roasting, I sauteed a bag of baby spinach in EVOO w/ a tsp of chopped garlic (jar type) and seasoned w/ kosher salt. When done, mixed in the zest of a lemon and the juice. Just enough for my son and I. (He also got the bone to gnaw on.)

Done

photo.jpg

Carved

photo-1.jpg

Plated

photo-2.jpg

Comments

• toothpick
    toothpick Posts: 154
    Options
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Looks great. Man, I'm drooling. Thanks for the pics.
  • joeypizza
    joeypizza Posts: 17
    Options
    That is totally awesome. I read the leadin and said no way turning it every five minutes!. That meat will be charcoal and ripe for the fire! Was I ever wrong! That is a beautiful piece of meat and the cow that gave that would be really proud of you!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    That there is a beasutiful sight!! Great job and meal!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Wow, looks great! I am normally a medium to med well guy, but I would tuck into that for sure. :)