Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new bge

Options
CrimsonTideGirl
CrimsonTideGirl Posts: 130
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum because we just got a BGE. My husband is building a table for it and it isn't finished, but I couldn't wait any longer and grilled us some ribeyes on it for dinner. They were delicious and I was surprized how easy it was to operate. I had to test it because we are having a party tomorrow night and we are going to do chicken breasts and hamburgers. I can't wait to do a boston butt, but want to get a little more experience before trying that. I have enjoyed reading this forum and getting tips and tricks for the BGE. Thank you.

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Be careful with the burgers.One of our fine folks tried a burger cook for a lotta folks and it did not work well. :whistle:
  • CrimsonTideGirl
    Options
    because of the grease?
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Pretty much.The smoke ran em outta the patio and he could only cook a few burgers at a time and his wife was not happy!PLEASE DO A MORE FRIENDLY COOK IF YOU ARE GONNA HAVE FRIENDS OVER!Sorry! I hit cap lock!!!Right Clark????? B)
  • CrimsonTideGirl
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I may cook the burgers before everyone gets here.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    welcome to the forum!

you will love your FIRST egg :whistle:

don't let hoss scare you too much. the egg is smokey but not too bad. just don't cook those hamburger patties that are frozen. they are always more greasy! and will tend to smoke more cause of their high fat content. if you are taking meat from your supermarket and making patties it will be no where near as bad as some of those frozen patties.

btw:: everyone around here loves pictures. any kind will work!! but we like it!! :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    Welcome and enjoy the Egg... it has a way of causing your friends to want to "cook out" at your house!
    Kent Madison MS
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on your new Egg, you're going to love it. There is a learning curve, be careful of flashbacks at high temps.

Feel free to ask question "First" before a cook if you need help. Lots of friendly Egger's will to help here.

Oh, we have a few Kooks also.......... and yes, I'm one of em. :laugh:

Join the fun and welcome to Eggland,
    Bordello