Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mountains...irish breakfast

Options
Hitch
Hitch Posts: 402
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been a while since I have been able to jump on, and Larry Ward reminded me the other day about how absent I've been. Looking forward to those Pearl Hot Dogs YB!!

This is the busy time at work, home, life, etc., so hopefully I will be able to catch up with youze guyz soon. No excuses, but just darn busy before the little tournament they have here in Augusta. Here is a picture of the setup I enjoyed last weekend while eggin some baby backs as it started to snow at Lake Toxaway. Also a picture of the Green Eggs and Green Grits the family had this morning. :woohoo:

Happy St Patty's Day!!! :evil:

FamilyCamp2010088.jpg

greeneggsandcheesegrits.jpg

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Welcome home. Nice setting. Looks like you had some tree breakage. Snow and ice?
  • Hitch
    Options
    Tons and tons of tops of trees and branches down. Three storms over the last few weeks. God's way of keeping the views off the top of the mountain! :laugh:

Snow + Ice + high winds = Snap Crackle and Pop
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Looks good Chris...We are really busy at work and home getting ready for Master's week.Try not to get caught up in the parade today.I was down your way this morning and saw all the fountains with green dye in them on Broad st.

Larry
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    hmmmm... green grits :laugh: larry sent me some, still not sure what to make of them :laugh: was in upstate new hampshire eating an early breakfast with all the locals in the diner and someone not from round here ordered grits :laugh: not one person didnt get up to check on those grits, maybe 30 people watching him eat those grits, even the cook came out to see how you eat them grits:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: now if they was green :whistle: :laugh: hey larry, they aint too bad, but they need cheese, they need the shrimp, they need some spice
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YB
    Options
    Hey Michael I like them with cheese and shrimp also.Most people here eat them with a lot of butter on them.Here is a recipe to try.
    Larry

Grits & Greens Casserole

2 Cups of Half & Half
    6 Cups of Chicken Broth
    2 Cups Quick cooking grits
    1- 27 oz can of ‘Glory’ Collard Greens
    2 sticks of butter
    2 ½ Cups of Parmesan Cheese
    ½ tsp pepper
    1 Cup of cooked & crumbled bacon
    Preheat oven to 350° or Big Green Egg. Grease a 9” x 13” casserole dish. Combine broth & half & half bring to a boil, stir in the grits. Cover & cook stirring occasionally until grits are thickened. Add butter, parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Drain the collards…stir into the grits mixture.add pepper. Place entire mixture into 9” x 13” casserole dish, top with bacon. Bake in 350 degree oven or Big Green Egg until bubbly.

Makes a very large amount.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    the cheese and the bacon, good ideas. would probably need to steam the colards though, dont think it sells alot here in cans, not even fresh in some markets but i do see it in some. you had to see the hoopla with the northern accents (not talking boston accents but the ones that come from the northern woods of nh and maine)going on, made people's day, probably was hooting about it for another week or two while eating their bean sandwiches:laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• YB
    Options
    That's funny...We have more people from the north than the south in my neighborhood.

Larry
  • fishlessman
    Options
    ahhhh the super stop and shop. i go to that one when something cant be found. B) they do have everything, even found papitas there roasted with out the salt. finding the collards canned would be a better bet for me, just so i know i really did get collard greens and not something else :)
    fukahwee maine

• NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Hey Hitch!

Good to hear from ya. Nice set up!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    wow that was scary. the rock chimney and the drop off in the backgound looks alot like a pal of mine's back yard.. he don't have a egg tho. so i had to look twice plus he is on lake hartwell. but that is a great looking picture..

what aout these pearls is larry hoarding some of those down there in augusta? if so i may get in the car and come get some from him... by force if necessary :ohmy: :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Big George's BBQ
    Options
    Beautiful setting
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Hitch, what a beautiful setting for breakfast. The green grits are, well, interesting.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    green grits sounds better than green beer ;)
    fukahwee maine

• YB
    Options
    We plan on ordering 100# in the near future if you want in let me know.

Larry
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    take this as me letting you know ;)

:woohoo:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• YB
    Options
    We will talk Saturday.

Larry
  • Hitch
    Options
    Larry...my order is still the same as when we spoke last...

Hitch
  • YB
    Options
    I will call and see what the freight will be next week.I will call you tomorrow and let you know where a few of us are cooking this Saturday.

Larry
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    Y'all and yer funny definition of North :whistle: :ermm:

Doug