Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First photos

Petunia
Petunia Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally figured out the photo thingy so here are some pics of our cook Sunday as we prepared to sit down and watch drag racing [Eggfest wasn't the only thing going on in Florida this weekend].
Pork loin with Shaking the Tree on it.
CIMG2492.JPG
Pineapple with Pineapple Head after soaking all night in brown sugar and rum.
CIMG2493.JPG
Potatoes on the stove getting ready to boil.
CIMG2494.JPG
Everything on the grill.
CIMG2496.JPG
Loin ready to slice.
CIMG2497.JPG
Plated and ready to go. It was delish. Much better than the premarinated ones we've tried.
CIMG2498.JPG
Juicy and tender although my husband is old school and still isn't sure about pork at 160 degrees. But he ate two helping and he is still alive. Our neighbors finally fired up their Egg Sunday also after a long winter break. I was told by our dealer that Harley guys don't like the cold.

Comments

• Rosalie:
    Great Job!
    I agree, Harleys in winter aren't much fun. But an Egg is year round enjoyment. ;)
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Looks great, Rosalie. Glad you figured out the pictures. :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Petunia
    We have been cooking during the winter but it is much more enjoyable when the temps are in the 50s and you aren't standing in a blizzard. Trying to keep the temp up and the pizzas dry isn't easy with the snow flying. But they do still taste good. You should have seen the look I gave my husband yesterday when he said something about going over to town and getting pizza. Pleazzze.
  • Great cook amd post Roslie, the one thing I noticed your temp. probe, for a direct cook I would foil the cable so it won' burn
    Like this:[/url]DSC_0010-79.jpg

Ross
  • Petunia
    I'll think about that. Normally we just use the probe at the lower temps. And I finally have a Thermapen coming. I would singe the hair on my arms waiting for the BGE instant probe to get up to temp.
  • Memphistide
    Memphistide Posts: 207
    please tell me how you did the pinapples
  • Petunia
    Peeled it, cored it, and removed the eyes, then cut into quarters [except some fell apart]. Put in a ziplock bag with brown sugar and rum and left in the refrigerator overnight. The next day put them on a plate and sprinkle them with Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head. Put them on the grill direct at about 425 [because that was what the loin was cooking at]. They did get a little charred on the bottom but the juices softened that up and it tasted terrific. Love fresh pineapple.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    your pork was 160° internal? It may take you several cooks but I hope you keep backing the temp down so eventually you and he can enjoy pork at 143° like we do! 160 and even above is so old school! and BTW we're retired too!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.