Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drip pan dillema

Options
ATX
ATX Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
About to throw on some St. Louie spares. Just notice the el cheapo lasagna drip pan I thought I had is gone. Anyone ever use a Pyrex as a drip pan on the pizza stone? My concern is it might break.
Thanks in advance,
Amaury

Comments

• Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Take a large piece of aluminum foil and fold up the edges to form a makeshift drip pan. If your foil is very thin, double it.
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Or! before you put your platesetter in the egg, wrap it in foil.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Use some heavy duty aluminum foil twisted to make a 1/2" rope like shape to place under your Pyrex. This will make a spacer between your pizza stone and Pyrex.
    A strip on each side of your Pyrex will hold it off the stone. You can use almost any kind of things around the house for spacers but foil is cheap and it can be made to any size or shape.
    Enjoy the ribs,
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I have always made my drip pans out of doubled over HD foil. You can make them any shape you want for whatever your cooking. No clean up involved. Just toss.
  • ATX
    ATX Posts: 98
    Options
    Thanks ya'll. Going with the HD foil. Good to know about the Pyrex set up too though. Happy Eggin'!

A
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Something to think about… :) Though it won’t help you right now… :(
    I searched and found a steel (no, non-stick **** on it) 9 x 13 cake pan that I use over and over again as a drip pan.
    It is always set upon spacers atop the plate setter, and still comes out looking pretty bad on occasion, but cleans up just fine ;) .
    I have had and have used it for well over a year now…And at a cost of just a few dollars!