Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Nomex arrived today from the mothership

Roll TideRoll Tide Posts: 505
edited 10:25AM in EggHead Forum
Last week I posted about a pizza and gasket cook. Well, i called the mothership and talked to a very nice gentleman named Bruce, who requested I e-mail him my info and details concerning what happened and he responded that he was mailing out a new high temp nomex gasket which, as the title notes, arrived today. I am thrilled with my egg and the service I have received from my dealer and this exchange with the mothership. Everyday I look forward to cooking something new.... In fact I got some pig belly today to make some bacon... I guess I need to search for recipes and techniques on that... Post a link or any suggestions if you have them.

Comments

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Jason, Jeffersoinian posted his yesterday. Check it out. That should help you lot's!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,671
    I followed thirdeyes recipe for buckboard bacon and it worked great with the belly. Cure time was 6 days.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2002/10/buckboard-bacon.html

100_3742.jpg

100_3753.jpg
  • FatMikeFatMike Posts: 464
    I recently replaced the with nomex but had trouble with the top gasket falling off every time i did a high temp cook..finally I took the top gasket off and scrubbed the glue off and had no problems since plus I have a better seal then ever...my suggestion is bottom only and save the rest
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Be sure to pre-shrink the Nomex in dryer on high for app. 20 minutes before the install!