Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thin Crust Pizza at last

2»

Comments

• Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Dimple's Mom wrote:
    Looks great. I made pizza last night and was not happy with the dough. I'll try yours next time! I was, however, very happy with the sauce. Here's what I used:

1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    6 fluid ounces warm water (110 degrees F /45 degrees C)
    3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    1 Tablespoon honey
    1 teaspoon anchovy paste
    3/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
    1/4 teaspoon dried basil
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
    Thank you, do you cook it on the stove first or just mix it up and put it on the pizza?
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Oh, forgot that part. The orig recipe I adapted didn't say anything about cooking. It said to let it sit for 30 minutes for the flavors to meld. I think you could warm it up tho if you wanted to speed things along. It's very thick and doesn't make much. Enough for 2-3 medium pizzas depending on how much sauce you use. Since it's thick, you don't need as much.
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Thank Gwen I will try it.
  • Thanks Gwen, I'll try the sauce

Ross
  • Looks great! Thin crust is one of my favorite cooks!! I had to back it down to 600 to 625. It was getting out of control over 700!!! I never knew that you could cut the bottom off of a pizza and still be able to eat it (when bottom half burned!)

I spent some time in St. Louis and thin crust pizza is their trademark!

Thanks for the reminder!

Matt
    Denver, CO