Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef--it's what's for dinner!

Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited 5:48PM in EggHead Forum
Woohoo! Found some really nice USDA Prime top sirloin at Costco, along with some really nice ribeyes for tonight's cook. Simple prep--olive oil and some DP Redeye. I've become really fond of that flavor for just about everything lately.

Cooked with Jason's TRex method, and I must say that it was nice to see everyone eating well. Shoot...mama even brought some to work for her meal later at the hospital tonight!

Ready to go...IMG_2718.jpg

Post sear.
IMG_2723.jpg
IMG_2726.jpg

Back for the roast:
IMG_2729.jpg

Resting:
IMG_2730.jpg
IMG_2731.jpg

Mine:
IMG_2733.jpg
IMG_2735.jpg

Comments

• BashBash Posts: 1,011
    Looks great. I'm sure it tasted even better!

I'll have to pick up some steaks one of these weeks at Costco.
  • Roll TideRoll Tide Posts: 505
    Awesome! Looks great.
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Wow, perfect shot with the simple plating. Perfectly cooked steak, rice, and broccoli. Thats hard to beat IMO.
    I think I have your same steak knives. ;)
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Good job Mike. Can never get tired of a good steak grilled on the EGg.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice Mike!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Where you been buddy??! Should know you would return with some fine beef! You going to meet me at the asslium in OK City?!
  • Looks great Mike... Just the way I like them.
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Great looking cook, what a nice meal.

Kent