Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can you put a plate setter in a mini?

Options
ShortRib
ShortRib Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a friend that is thinking on getting a mini. He wants to cook pizza's and do slow cooks on it. I am not sure if you can do indirect cooking on a mini? Can you????

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    ShortRib,[p]Yes, but there is a bit of work involved. I found 8 inch pizza stones. They fit well. I also had some fire bricks cut for feet. (I think Chef Anoldi made one. His looked great).[p]I did a 2 lb butt on the mini and it turned out fine. The problem you will run into is running out of lump. The mini is SMALL and the amount of feul it will hold is small as well.[p]
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    ShortRib,I just made a plate setter for the mini by cutting a kiln shelf with a jig saw. I was inspired by Chef Arnoldi and his efforts. I have two nine inch grids to elevate food in the mini.

• Chef Arnoldi
    Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    Options
    33%3A94%3C8723232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3236%3E7%3B2%3E586%3Ewsnrcg%3D323248%3C%3B825%3A3nu0mrj
    <p />ShortRib, 9" pizza stone cut down to the shape, so that the inner circle is 6"