Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The first Babyback experience.

Options
Deetwood
Deetwood Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked them at 250 for the whole time. Did 3 hours indirect uncovered, 1.5 hours wrapped in foil and 15/15 direct, indirect. I got confused what rub worked the best but I think it was elder wards for the pork butt. Still not sold on the mustard technique, though it didn't taste bad.[p]One thing I've found, there are hundreds of ways to do ribs.

Comments

• StubbyQ
    StubbyQ Posts: 156
    Options
    Well my first ribs, about a week and a half ago, came out good. I quit after the foil routine. I was gonna do 3-1-1, but after unwrappin' they seems done to me. Turns out I shoulda put them back for that last hour. They got sort of mushsy in the foil while waiting for the other stuff to get done. Total lack of plannin' on my part. Let'em set too long I guess. Anywho, next time just going straight thru with the BBQ Guru. No wrappin' only cookin'. As Ron says: Set it...and Forget it. Guru to the rescue.
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Deetwood,
    I just did two racks for the fun of it, I got into other things going on and didnt add any smoke, and did them 2hrs indirect, 1 hr foiled indirect and then grilled them for about 15 minutes with sauce, direct. They were perfect except no smoky taste.