Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Popular method for Baby Backs?

Options
Deetwood
Deetwood Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What's a popular method? I hear of the 3-1-1 method? I've never been a foil guy but would entertain that if it makes them tender.[p]Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Deetwood,
    Personally I like JSlot's method and follow it with fine results. Instaed of all the flipping involved in the 3/1/1.5 method it is 3 hours no peek, indirect at 320. Then foil them, return to grate for 10 minutes then snuff fire - leave on and still in foil for another 20 minutes. Unfoil, and leve in egg to dry up a tad. As long as the temp is going down I sometimes leave them in that environment if the rest of supper isn't quite ready. Key though unless you have lots of rib experience is the temp of the meat between the bones using a quick read like a Thermapen. I look for 188 or thereabouts. OTOH Like Gfw says the best ribs are the ones YOU like.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    RRP, I highly recommend it..I do it the same way myself..Almost to a T.
    I use firebricks, drip pan, second grill, and I set up my ribs with bamboo spikes..never use a rib stand any longer.
    3 hour's @ 300 to 320 degs (your ribs will vary that time), ..wrap in foil if you like,or they are ready to eat if the bone breaks clean, if not, leave em in for a tad longer. Wrapping in foil speeds the cook at the end if you need it..Adding sauce at that time fill the bill for the sauce hounds...I eat em either way.
    Tip of the hat to Jslot.
    C~W[p]