Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

fully cook Bryan,s Ham

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to cook this ham on my BGE today. Any suggestions?

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Donald Allen,
    try dr. chicken's double smoked ham (i don't know where it is on the forum, but you could do an archive search). .i don't inject mine but i've had great results with the following:[p]assuming your ham is pre-cooked:[p]set up your egg indirect, grid over inverted plate setter with drip pan. ..use lots of wood in your fire (you want a lot of smoke), i've used apple and cherry, but other woods work too. ..slather the ham with lots of dijon mustard and brown sugar . ..put in the egg at 250 degrees dome temp for about 1/2 hour per pound (plan to pull it at 140 internal temp. . .pour orange juice into the drip pan. ..with 1 hour to go, brush the ham with a glaze made from 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, 2 tbspoons apple cider vinager, 2 tablspoons orange juice concetrate . couple of teaspoons dry mustard. . .brush this on every 15 minutes or so for the last hour. . ..[p]its fantastic!!

• Unknown
    Options
    Donald Allen, since you already have it you gotta cook it and here's the link to the Dr Chicken recipe which seems so popular...however...huh, huh...I believe it is totally out of character to use any pre-smoked meat in the world's best Smoker / Grill. If you do it right you can slice it (140 internal) or run it up to 190 and use it like pulled pork. Anyway just my opinion and you "Quite Welcome to it"...Good Luck w/ the ham.

[ul][li]dr chck ham[/ul]
  • eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Donald Allen, I used three chunks of mesquite and it was way too much smoke, might go easy first time round

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    eggor,
    mesquite is kinda strong . . .i usually load up with 3 or 4 good chunks of dry apple/cherry. . .lots of smoke but not too strong. . .but you are correct. .try some the first time, and next time either add more or less to your liking. . .