Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Food Saver question

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a 3 year old Food Save Vac 550 and it is beginning to give me some trouble. Need to start looking for a new model. Just wondering which model is best so tell me about yours if you have one you are happy with.[p]Thx,
V. Kelley

Comments

• Dave
    Dave Posts: 163
    Hugh Jass,[p]I just bought a 750 at Sam's a few months ago. I think I paid around $118.00 for it. It does about everything I need to do. They also have extra boxes of gallon & quart combinations that are decently priced. This model came with a bag dispenser/cutter.[p] Dave

• Dave, thanks for the info. [p]H. Jass
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Hugh Jass,
    I bought one several weeks ago at Target; it's at home so I can't give the number, but I think I paid $139 for it. What I'd like to know is how come there are all these different models, each with their ID numbers, which seem to do just about the same thing. In my opinion, not that anyone asked, there should be a low, a medium, and a high-end model whose attributes should be clearly discernable. Now, do I like it? I am so ashamed to admit that the only thing I've used it for is quick marinating in a vacuum tray, which works fine. The box included a VHS tape for instruction, and I only have a dvd player. Poor me. I'll figure it all out, but haven't yet set aside the time.
    Cheers,
    G.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Hugh Jass,
    I upgraded a year or so ago to the "Pro II" model, and I love it...it has an improved bag sealer which can be used more repeatedly than the lesser priced models, it has storage for 1 roll of bag material, it has a built in cutter, and most of all it is 1 button sealing, you just insert your bag press a button and walk away. I use mine for freezing meats I buy in bulk, for marinading with the marinade dish, I have the vac canisters, and I use mason jars for all my spices..the uses are countless but you probably know that as you already own one...HTH[p]Wess

• PG
    PG Posts: 50
    Hugh Jass,
    I followed Wess' advice and got the ProII.....best decision I've made in a while.....Page

• Hugh Jass,
    I agree with all. The pro II upgrade was my best daily appliance upgrade in awhile. That is, if you use it alot it will be worth it. Keep an eye on Ebay. That's where I got mine for a good deal.