Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Behold the egg's power

Options
char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight I finally beheld the egg's power. I am one of the newbies on one of those newbie learning curvea and tonight for the first time I finally saw the awesome power of the egg. I wish I had one of those digital cameras to support my point. [p]I did the butt-beer chicken after first brining it for 24 hours. I got my egg up to 250-300, no problem. I put the chicken in there with a Coors light beer butt and a tray. After two hours (I was ready for 2 1/2 hours or more) this golden brown bird greeted my eyes when I lifted the egg lid. It was very moist with great depth of flavor. [p]People, this is the grilling experience I only dreamed about. Gotta go and finish tonight's meal.

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    char buddy,[p]My most heartfelt congratulations. Big smiles here. Many more fantastic cooks are to come. The down side is that you will dine out less.[p]Spin[p]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    char buddy, congratulations... sounds like the bird stood-up really well. Life is GOOD!

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    char buddy,[p]Congrats! As I think I've posted in the past, I've done a couple Beer Butt chickens on just the can of (cheap) beer. Sometimes when I opened the dome I noticed that the bird had fallen on its side. This was presumably due to the not so smooth opening of the dome so it probably wasn't on its side for too long at a time. Either way, the bird turned out juicy and scrum-diddly-umptious![p]Cornfed
  • King-O-Coals
    King-O-Coals Posts: 510
    Options
    char buddy, ahhhhhhhhh! Another brine convert.. Sounds like you can drop the "newbie" tag. U'r one of us now. [p]Next, you need to blast the hair off the underside of your forearm while peeking into a chugging Egg. It's a right of passage amongst us. It's kinda like the feeling a mommy gets when a newborn looses the remains of it's navel cord. It's special to us Eggers...[p]OOPs! Hope that wasn't too confrontational. Anyone out there without a navel,, please forgive me..:)

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    King-O-Coals,
    I'm careful about opening any egg showing > 450 on the thermometer. I've made that mistake only once! It is very cool to see flames shooting out of the stack in the night sky...then the smell of burnt hair shortly thereafter.