Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Eggfest

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I’ve been holding off commenting on last weekend’s Texas Eggfest. I wanted to use the best English word or word combination to describe the event. So to make sure I selected the right words I went to my handy Roget’s Thesaurus. I started out thinking “FANTASTIC” was the best choice, but maybe not. According to Roget, the optional words were:[p] Fantastic, adj. bizarre, grotesque, imaginative, fanciful;
extravagant, irrational, absurd, See IMAGINATION, ABSURDITY.[p]Obviously, some of those options were totally out of the question, and the others were not Eggxctly what I was looking for, so I continued looking.[p] Wonderful, adj. miraculous, marvelous, amazing, astounding.
Colloq., great, swell, dandy, colossal, terrific. See WONDER.[p]I seemed to be getting close. [p] WONDER … I won’t list all of them here because there are a lot
of associated Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Adverbs and
Interjections. Actually, many of them fit quite nicely
but I really wasn’t overwhelmed (one of the options) with any
particular one of them. After all, this was one special event.[p]A few hours later I came to the conclusion that the phrase, “There are no words to describe the event.” were appropriate, but that wasn’t what I was looking for either. So I fell back on a word that is often used when none of the others will do:[p]
“FANDAMNTASTIC!!! [p]
Spring Chicken
Spring Texas USA[p]

Comments