Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Followup on Boston Butt for Wife's Surprise Party

Options
Kayakjack
Kayakjack Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First, thanks for the helpful hints concerning my predicament about how to conceal a Boston Butt all night from my wife so she didn't figure out it was for her Surprise Birthday Party.[p]I snuck out onto the deck at 1am, started the egg, put on the Butt. Hid my robe 'cause it now stunk of smoke. Crawled back into bed and hoped for the best. She was asleep!! Success!![p]I woke up at 4am, checked the temp - 225 degrees on the nose - back to bed. [p]Took it off at 3:30 Sunday. Perfect!! [p]Guests showed up at 4pm. She showed up to her Surprise at 4:15 and boy was she ever surprised. She never suspected a thing. It was a huge success and a great time was had by all. The Butt was promptly consumed to the raves of all!![p]Thanks for the help!![p]Jack