Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Followup on Boston Butt for Wife's Surprise Party

KayakjackKayakjack Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First, thanks for the helpful hints concerning my predicament about how to conceal a Boston Butt all night from my wife so she didn't figure out it was for her Surprise Birthday Party.[p]I snuck out onto the deck at 1am, started the egg, put on the Butt. Hid my robe 'cause it now stunk of smoke. Crawled back into bed and hoped for the best. She was asleep!! Success!![p]I woke up at 4am, checked the temp - 225 degrees on the nose - back to bed. [p]Took it off at 3:30 Sunday. Perfect!! [p]Guests showed up at 4pm. She showed up to her Surprise at 4:15 and boy was she ever surprised. She never suspected a thing. It was a huge success and a great time was had by all. The Butt was promptly consumed to the raves of all!![p]Thanks for the help!![p]Jack