Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Any Corvette Owners Out There?

Bevo
Bevo Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In addition to having two Big Green Eggs, we have two Corvettes. I drive a black Z06 and my wife drives a 50th Anniversary red convertible. She is outside right now washing her convertible. I hope she doesn't stop after just one.

As you might expect from a Texan, my daily driver is a GMC Sierra truck.

Just curious to see how many other Vette owners are eggheads, or how many other eggheads have Corvettes.

Colin in Austin

Comments

• poolguy
    poolguy Posts: 129
    I had a 69 vette and sold it to start my business.
    I will have another in the future.
  • I have a 92 all orginal, which is not always a good thing. :)

Mike
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Here's my pampered '95. We only drive it in the sun during the summer and fall months. When I put it in storage in October the odometer had 14,986 miles. Just like the interior itself this car is cherry.
    IMG_0427.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    My Z06 is pretty much a garage queen also. It has never seen rain, and I have averaged about 2000 miles a year. You're only doing about 1000 a year. That's probably the most pampered C4 generation Vette I've ever seen.

My wife likes to drive hers to work about once a week, so she is now up to about 21,000 miles on her 2003 anniversary edition.

It's good to hear that other eggheads also appreciate the Great American Sports Car.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    I had a 61 but sold it. -RP
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Miles wise you are correct it was 2,000 a year while my wife was still teaching high school. Then she retired in 2003 and we have only put on 2,661 miles in total! Last year for instance it was only 250 miles to be exact! Had I known back then in 2003 that the use would fall off I would have traded it while resale could have been better and purchased a snazzy Vette convertible - but oh well, it's nice to have the AC in the hot summer when we do use it so I guess I'm better off as is.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • I have a 2008 C6 with 10,000 miles on it. I have CAI, AR headers, B&B exhaust, 160 degree thermostat, and a tune on it. First new car I ever bought as well. :woohoo:
  • Not a vette, but a 1968 Camaro Convertible RS/SS 396, four on the floor, posi-traction...

Tires are a consumable item!
  • Here is my Z06 2007 LMB. I have had a 74 vert and 01 vert, Cant beat the power of the new z06 Awesome
    IMG_5732-1.jpg
    IMG_5736.jpg
  • rosros
    rosros Posts: 408
    Got a 1976, first car I purchased after college. Sitting in the garage with 44k miles of which 17k was put on the first year. Wise up quickly and purchased a commuter car; corvettes and chicago do not get along.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Colin bought a '98 brand new....had a love affair with that car...when the family arrived I sold it...........will buy another one as soon as my little one finnishes primary school....... :laugh: :whistle:

This photo is on the way to Bowling Green with the Corvette Caravan back in 1998.......only mexican Corvette there :laugh:

Corvette98.jpg
  • Beli
    TKS Marc.....Remember going to the Grand Canyon with my wife, it was great when I removed the top ....... on our way we stopped in Sedona...& just looking at all those red mountains literally hanging from the top was amazing.....& then the Canyon wowwwwwwwwwww....those were some great moments

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg
  • Beli
    Marc....you are tempting me.......just beautiful......colour & all.....Felicidades my friend!!!
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Had you asked this question five months ago, I could have said yes. 94 vert now sold.
  • I will be!! Almost bought a C6 in September but had to get my daughter her first car instead. If scholarships come through I will be back in the hunt! What I want isn't the most popular combination but it's what I love..'06 white coupe with both tops, cashmere interior, 3LT (have to have HUD!). Mine will be a daily driver...if I'm paying for it I'm driving it so I don't have any plans of making it a showroom car. It will be babied but driven.

Why an '06? It's what I can afford and the '05 had the shift lever from the C5. Why build an all-new car and carry over that shift lever?

Bruce