Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gracias amigos

Options
Big Murth
Big Murth Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A belated thank you to those who chimed in on my "Cookin'em Sunday, Serving 'em Monday" post, re: baby backs being done 1 day in advance.
No problem, and I reheated a "huge" platter of ribs (15lbs. worth) and 5-6 lbs. of GFW's wings in the oven @ 500 degrees with the pan of water on the bottom. Worked great, and the ribs flew off the plate, with complaints coming only from those who should have known better, and been closer to the serving area, early on! That's a great re-heat method (about 30 minutes at temp and then just turned off the oven until guests arrived).
Big Murth in Nuevo Mexico
p.s. Yo Nature Boy, the Dizzy Pig rocks, as I rubbed those bad boys with the "Dust"...........thanks again!!

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Big Murth:[p]Glad this reheat method worked to your liking. It takes a bit of time and thought, but clearly beats the microwave. It works real good when re-heating store bought pizza the next day too. I do the normal pre-heat (to 500º) and pop the pizza box and all from the refrigerator in the oven. After about thirty seconds I shut the oven off and let the pizza sit in the closed, steamy oven. The results are much better than the mushy results from the microwave.
    [/b]
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    By the way . . . the hot oven and water pan is a great way to introduce moisture in the oven when baking breads . . .
    [/b]