Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The ABSOLUTE Perfect Steak!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just finished cooking and eating the best steak I have ever tasted, including Ruth's Chris, which up to now had always been my favorite. Started out with 1" ribeyes. Used just a little Adolf's meat tenderizer, rubbed them in olive oil, and then added a generous (and I do mean generous) coating of Cowlick Steak Rub. Nothing else, it's that simple. Heated the egg to 650 and seared on both sides for 2 minutes. Closed down the vents and cooked for another 2 minutes per side. Came out medium with just a touch of pink. Perfect for Peggy and me.[p]I will never cook another steak without Cowlick...thanks Nature Boy for a wonderful job! [p]Now, to the freezer for a big bowl of Blue Bell Moo-Lennium. [p]You know, it just don't get no better than this![p]Van

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Hugh Jass,
    Thanks man. Glad you enjoyed. Mike gets all the credit here. Cow Lick is one of QFan's concoctions that first got the pig spinnin, and he did a real nice job. It is our second most popular rub. For some reason we didn't use Cow Lick on our brisket in Danville, and we paid for it with the taste scores! Back to what works i guess. Much appreciate the kind words, Hugh!
    Chris[p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Hugh Jass,[p]Did a few filets tonight (sorry no pics). The egg does great steaks and yeah, they are better than any steak joint. The only thing that is lacking is someone to bring me coffee and show me some fancy, over-priced desert item.[p]Smokey
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Hey Chris, It's Kim Shaffer. I was just curious which of your rubs is the most popular? As you know, I receintly ordered an 8 pack of spices from you and last weekend I cooked 8 big slabs of ribs using 4 different types of spices. I used 1 of yours and 3 other well known spices. When they were done I kept them separate and gave each of the 4 different spices a number. We had some neighbors stop by to see what the source of that wonderful smoky smell was. After everyone tried all 4 flavors, I did a survey. All but one person picked number 4. The one person that did not pick number 4 said that he could not decide between 4 and 2 (which was a hot and spicy rub). Number 4 was your Dizzy Dust! I was wondering if this was your best seller?[p]Thanks,
    Kim

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the results of your experiment, Kim. Sure did turn out the way I was hoping![p]Raging River is our most popular rub this year.
    Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • tn slagamater
    tn slagamater Posts: 623
    Options
    Pitbull,hey Kim! I am wondering how you keep the ribs numbered/or organized so you know which spice is on what item? Everytime I try this I get 'em all mixed up....Sounds like you have been busy with the egg?