Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Storing Pots?

Options
SmokinParrotHead
SmokinParrotHead Posts: 532
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am trying to figure out the best ways to organize our kitchen during a small kitchen re-do we are working on.....and was just curious how each of you store your pots and lids. I use to store all of my cooking pots and pans in the base cabinets(lower cabinets). However, recently we reorganized the kitchen, and I decided to put the pots(the most used ones, basically all except the ones too big) in the wall cabinet due to the fact that I need those the most, and we have extra space in the wall cabinets. The problem, though, is storing the lids too. Then I thought about trying a pot/pan hanging rack......where they hang from the ceiling. Only thing that sucks about that is somewhere to hang it and the fact that they collect dust and should be washed before you use them each time.

Any of you do something different and have maybe some great ideas for this?

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Within the last year, I rearranged our kitchen because of the same problem you're having. I ended up putting all of the CI pots and pans (without lids) and wok above the stove. I have not noticed a gathering of dust on them.

The DO's with lids fit in 2 large drawers below the stove. Then, my non-CI skillets, etc. fit into a couple of cabinets on the island -- easily accessible to the countertops and stove.

Without seeing your kitchen layout, it would be hard to give any thoughts for your kitchen.

ci.jpg

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    mine either are hanging on the wall over the stove or sitting on an open shelf. the overflow stuff that is used on holidays or special events are boxed in the attic. curiuos about this washing thing B):whistle: lids for the hanging pans are in the drawer below the oven on the range
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Recently had a new wall oven and microwave installed and the extra space below the oven was made into a drawer with removable slots. Great for lids.

POTCOVERS.jpg
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    We have a setup much like Richards and it is da bong, no reaching into cupboards to get anything. We love it.

The commonly used pots go in the top drawer right where I work.

PotsnPans001.jpg

The less common below with my knife sharpener.

PotsnPans003.jpg

Just like Richard off to the right is a deep drawer that has partitions that hold all the long skinny things like baking sheets and pot lids.

PotsnPans004.jpg

Normally they are all fuller than that but many of the pots are missing. Oh wait, here they are :whistle: :laugh:

PotsnPans002.jpg

Doug
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    nice deep drawer!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    12 in high, 24 in front-back, 30 in wide. Removable dividers. We just raised the new oven higher and used what was wasted space.