Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last of my Cowboy

Options
skyhopsing
skyhopsing Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally finished the last of my Cowboy Charcoal, looking forward to the Royal Oak!
DSC_0117.jpg

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    You'll never look back if you don't have to...RO burns a lot better..
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Good for you, that stuff is #$%%^^%$.

Mike
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    That's good news. I realized that this past fall I did not load up on enough Royal Oak to get through the whole winter.

Its good stuff and I'm starting to get nervous about running out. Won't make that mistake again. :blink:
  • Mo Daddy
    Options
    I completely agree.

Wal-Mart doesn't carry Royal Oak in the winter so I had to buy Cowboy at the local Ace. It takes me much longer to get the lump ready and hot and there are also very few big chunks of lump in the Cowboy bags I have used as compared to Royal Oak.

I would try anything else before I bought another bag of Cowboy. I can't wait to stock up on Royal Oak.

Mo Daddy
  • LoneStarEgg
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Frontier Lump that Sam's carries? They have a 40# bag for 14.27.
  • Roll Tide
    Options
    I noticed that TNW rates it pretty high, which impresses me enough to give it a try. Just interested in seeing inf anyone uses it and what their thoughts are? I currently use RO and occasionally kingsford Charwood lump when I cant get the RO.
  • Abe Froman
    Options
    I too am on my last bag of shotty cowboy flooring scraps. I was coming home from a snow shift at 3am this morning and stopped at a 24hr walmart. They had 2 skids of royal oak 10 lbs bags for 6.37 a piece. I followed rrp's lead and bought 8 bags. I am afraid of a shortage and price increase.
    Back in 2001, I bought a mustang gt and had a 60 mile per day commute and then gas prices skyrocketed!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Very happy with the RO Steakhouse line. Moon rocks have been at a bare minimum. Down side is that I have to get it out of town :(
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • triehle98
    Options
    I have used it a few times in a pinch . it seemed ok but not many large pcs . it burned hotter than cowboy brand . for what its worth
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    Maybe I'm stupid but I have used Cowboy for years and don't find it all that bad. It lights quick and burns pretty clean. I wouldn't use it for long cooks but for hot quickies :evil: it works great.