Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

small half flat brisket

Options
Roundman
Roundman Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,[p]I went to the store tonight and I think I purchased the wrong cut of meat. I wanted to cook a brisket like I have been reading about on this forum. The piece I have is only 1.8 pounds and looks like it has been trimmed of almost all its fat. The packages calls it a half flat brisket.[p]How should I try to cook this piece of meat to have it come out tasting good if possible.
Do I have to go to a meat market to get the 6 or 8 pound full brisket?
Roundman

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    brisket179.jpg
    <p />Roundman,
    Cook it. At the very minimum it will be a learning experience, and at best you will have a righteous meal.[p]I recently did an experiment with a small flat cut in half. The piece I cooked was about 2 pounds total. I cooked it for about 11 hours at a cooking level (not dome) temp of 210. [p]I pulled it off when it was tender to the poke.....which was at about 179 degrees internal. I was really suprised how good it was. [p]Have fun
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Hmmmmm. That looks pretty dang tasty for an Easterner![p]We'll miss you this weekend at the fest, but you'll be there in flavor as we dust with Dizzy Pig Rubs.[p]We'll also hoist some cold ones in honor of your Dad and everyone's Dad.[p]Regards,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas