Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Scored a downed apple tree yesterday!

FearlessGrillFearlessGrill Posts: 695
edited 8:50PM in EggHead Forum
Responded to a Craigslist post near my house and got an entire Ford Expedition worth of apple wood for free!

4355820505_306f424e08.jpg

Anyone in Eastern MA want to trade for some other types of wood?

-John

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    All right. I was given one I still need to go get it. :) Tim
  • mkcmkc Posts: 540
    Know any wood turners in the area? That one large piece top right would probably make a gorgeous natural edge bowl or two and still leave you plenty for smoking wood.....
    Egging in Denton, Texas
  • Yeah - me. That's the primary reason I picked this up. There will be plenty of pieces for smoking though.

-John
  • Hee hee...you think YOU'RE excited? Before our daughter was born, I was a wooden model ship builder (one of these days we'll be able to sell our house and buy one with a spot for me to set my workspace back up). A couple years ago, I was visiting our local hobby shop that specializes in wooden ship models. The owner had just finalized a deal to haul off an entire orchard's worth of apple wood (the fine and tight grain of apple makes it useful for scale modelling). That man was ecstatic.