Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cold & Rainy

Options
Leggo My Eggo
Leggo My Eggo Posts: 155
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I almost feel guilty posting this seeing as how many of you are burined in snow but a wet cold rainy day isn't much fun either. Luckily I got a bargain of a big umbrella from Target last fall and the rain hasn't stopped us from cooking.

100_2218.jpg

More pic's later when the St. Louis ribs come off.

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    My sentiments EXACTLY!! See the above post.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • LoneStarEgg
    Options
    "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these Eggheads from cooking" :lol:
  • Leggo My Eggo
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    The rain (or cold or snow) hasn't stopped be from cooking either... but that doesn't mean I enjoy it. That bumbershoot do look NICE!! I gotta look into one of those! Or an awning that goes from my back door to the egg. Something!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Leggo My Eggo
    Options
    It does the job until I build my ultimate smoke house. May have to wait till my 3 year old graduates from college first. :laugh:
  • Meat
    Meat Posts: 233
    Options
    It's fun being an Egghead. I went to Lowe's the other day during our heavy snow. Everyone else is coming out with snow shovels, sand, and ice melter, and I'm standing in line with a bag of charcoal so I could cook up a batch of ribs. A little bit of weather ain't gonna stop me. Joe
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Good man yourself!! Never could understand why people show up at the last minute to buy snow shovels. They didn't know they didn't have one?! By the way, this is not a southern phenomenon. Happens here EVERY time it snows!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• LoneStarEgg
    Options
    They don't sell snow shovels in Texas. Maybe I shouild start importing them from the north.