Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest recipes

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cherry Smoked Bourbon Chicken Thighs[p]1 ½ lbs boneless, skinned chicken thighs
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup bourbon
2 ea garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1 tbl grated fresh ginger
2 tbl dried onion flakes
½ cup dark brown sugar
½ tsp Sambal or hot sauce of choice
1 tbl corn starch
2 tbl water [p]Mix together soy sauce. Bourbon, garlic, ginger, onion flakes, sugar, and sambal. Let sit several minutes to allow sugar to dissolve. Mix well. Place chicken pieces in a 1 gal. freezer bag, add sauce, press air from bag and seal. Massage well to distribute marinade.
Refrigerate overnight , turning several times and massaging to keep marinade distributed.[p]Set up egg for 350 direct cooking. Add cherry chunks if desired. Remove thighs from marinade (reserving marinade) and cook thighs for about 10 min. per side.
While thighs cook, put reserved marinade in a sauce pan and boil gently for at least 3 min. to call any bacteria. Mix corn starch and water and add to boiling marinade to thicken to desired consistency. Spoon on the thighs before and after the turn.[p][p]Fruit Bran Muffins[p]2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup wheat bran
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch salt
¾ cup fruits bits
½ cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup egg substitutes (whole eggs will work)
2 cup milk (I use skim)
¾ cup unsweetened apple sauce[p]Mix all of the dry ingredients together, then add the fruit and toss to coat. In a small bowl, mix the milk, egg (substitute), and apple sauce. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate overnight.
The next day; line 2 -12 each muffin tins with paper liners..spritz well with cooking spray. Fill each cup 2/3-3/4 full and bake in preheated 400 egg (indirect) or oven for 18-22 min.[p]SB[p]now CB[p][p]
[p]

Comments

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    Chrispy Bob (the former Smokey Bob),[p]That chicken and those muffins were fantastic. Cathy commented Sunday on the way home that one of those muffins would be great with our coffee. I will be doing both recipes in the very near future.[p]Nice meeting you.[p]Chuck

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Chrispy Bob (the former Smokey Bob), captured and will put them into the EGGfest book on TNW's web site tonight. Meanwhile to all the others, where are the rest of the best?

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Wise One,[p]I'll try and get the Baked Cavatelli (Snakes and Worms) written up soon...but, I didn't measure anything, so it's gonna be kind of difficult to do but maybe I can get the general idea across... [p]Tonia
    :~)

• Unknown
    Options
    Chuck,
    Glad you liked them....they freeze great. About 30 sec./muffin in the micro.[p]Bob

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    QBabe, sounds like you need to make it again - and measure this time. :-) Measurements make a poor chef good. They also make an excellent chef good. Not better, just good. :-)