Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Idea for sealing my newly purchased cypress BGE Tables

Options
Chris
Chris Posts: 148
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Alright, let me start by saying that the BGE Store and its staff is unbelievable!!!!! It was the only place in the world I would buy way too much stuff and not be regretting it when I went out the door! I ended up with all kinds of racks, pans, chips, new bands, etc and even bought a BGE Table for my Large Egg and one for my small. A little overboard I know, but I had to get a nice home for them to rest in on our new deck and wanted the ability to move them around seperately.[p]This leads me to my question. I was instructed that if you are going to cover the egg and table, you must seal the Cypress wood to prevent mold growth. I do not want to paint as the wood looks incredible, thus I am needing some advice as to the best clear coats sealer to use. I just can't stand the thought of my babies being out in the elements and not covered (otherwise I would just let the table turn to its grey state). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Once again, I love the board and am taking vigorous notes from all you professionals along the way![p]THANKS!!!!

Comments