Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Bowl Sunday fare

Options
doccjb
doccjb Posts: 238
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm thinking that Super Bowl Sunday should be declared a high holy day of obligation for all Eggheads. Before actual worship, got up early and got baby backs on at 250:
SuperBowl2010003.jpg
Back rack got Red Eye, the front two got Dizzy Dust. I'm not a foiler or a spritzer, although a couple bottles of beer found their way to the drip pan. Here they are, ready to come off at a little over 5 hours:
SuperBowl2010005.jpg
A little close-up prior to my spawn attacking:
SuperBowl2010006.jpg
The Jan/Feb issue of Food Network Mag had a great recipe for potato skins--here's my adaptation to the Egg:
SuperBowl2010013.jpg
Quartered them lengthwise, after 1 hour at 400 indirect. After some melted butter, salt and pepper, back on skin side up for 15 more minutes at 450"
SuperBowl2010015.jpg
Dad strikes a fearless pose, wearing a favorite Christmas present:
SuperBowl2010019.jpg
After pulling them, they get topped with whatever your heart desires. The article had different toppings for different teams. Yesterday we did bacon, cheddar, sour cream for one batch followed by swiss, ham, mayo, mustard, and dill pickle slices for the other:
SuperBowl2010022.jpg
SuperBowl2010027.jpg
SuperBowl2010031.jpg
Five final minutes to melt the cheese:
SuperBowl2010034.jpg
Miss Holli was giddy with Eggfood:
SuperBowl2010009.jpg

Comments