Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg Table Ideas for construction.

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any ideas or improvements on building a BBQ table to house a Big green egg? There is one set of plans on the BGE site.[p]I would like to construct one for a BGE I am purchasing at the Texas Egg fest in a couple of weeks.[p]I would like to make it mobile & be able to get it in my truck bed. To keep lumber costs down I would probable use treated lumber (pine?) and stain it. [p]Any ideas appreciated.

Comments

• Drivr
    Drivr Posts: 163
    Options
    Richard Holtom - Grillin' in Drippin',
    Take a look at the Naked Whiz's site

[ul][li]Naked Whiz.com[/ul]
  • Smoked Signals
    Options
    Be careful with treated lumber - its not a food safe finish.

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I agree with both the earlier posts. There are lots of good ideas out there. Wait 'til you get to the Texas Eggfest and talk to some of the Eggheads about their tables. I think you will be glad you waited.[p]See you at the Texas Eggfest...[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Richard Holtom - Grillin' in Drippin',[p]I dont think you want to be haulin a large or even a medium bge around. Too heavy and dang expensive too replace broken ceramic. If you build one (stationary) consider granite for the top, small pieces can be gotten pretty cheap and are easy to cut with a diamond blade and right angle grinder

• Mustang Sally
    Options
    Richard Holtom - Grillin' in Drippin
    My egg table is currently in construction (Mother's Day gift). We used some of the dimensions from the table on the home page. It is made of treated lumber that I will paint with exterior paint. We are using porcelin tile on top with treated plywood and cement backer board underneath(as advised on this site). The dimensions are: 67" wide
    36" tall (ground to table surface) 29" deep. The egg will slide into a 21" wide space so we will not have to lift into a hole cut through the top. The work surface on the left side is 16" wide and on the right side 28" wide. There is 15 1/2" between the shelves so I can slide a large plastic container underneath for supplies. The
    lower shelf area on the left side will is enclosed so I can
    put grids and racks inside. I am not sure if we will put wheels on it or not. Also will have a small shelf on the right side to hold some supplies and have utensil hanger on the side. Hope to post a picture of it soon-my husband is working very hard to make this perfect for me. Will be so nice to have it on working level.Sally