Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket and the Saints

Options
LoneStarEgg
LoneStarEgg Posts: 287
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Both Winners.......... I didn't get any pictures of the brisket once cut, because it didn't last long enough. This was really tender and juicy.

DSCN0108.jpg

DSCN0110.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sure looks good :)
    What did you do to get it looking like that?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Leggo My Eggo
    Options
    Looks great. So far I'm 0 for 2 on brisket. Share some details on your prep, I have another one to do soon. Maybe 3 times a charm? :whistle:
  • LoneStarEgg
    Options
    This one was 6.25 pounds. I scored the fat side through to the meat. I covered it in mustard and then coated it with a rub that I make. Will put the recipe at the end. I put it on the Egg to smoke, Fat side up, with a raised grate, plate setter legs up, indirect at 275 dome temp for 2 hours. I melt 1 stick of butter in a sauce pan with 2 cans of Dr. Pepper and 3/4 cup of honey, heat til the butter melts. Then I put the brisket in a large disposable aluminum pan fat side up and pour the mix in the bottom. Back on the egg at 275 for 5 hours. (Cook time all depends on the brisket size)

LoneStarEgg Rub

1 Cup Brown Sugar
    1 TBS Coarse Black Pepper
    1 TBS Paprika
    2 TBS Granulated Garlic
    1 TBS Onion Powder
    1 TBS Kosher Salt
    2 Tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
    2 TBS Peach Gelatin (Jell-O)

Measure all ingredients into a gallon zip lock bag, seal trapping some air inside and shake to mix.

My wife doesn’t like it spicy, but for a little more Zip, Add:
    1 TBS Cayenne Pepper
    1 TBS Chili Powder
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That sounds (and looks) awesome! What was the temp when you pulled it? I have a 10 lb packer in my freezer, but haven't had the nerve to try it yet. Every small one I've tried (only two as I recall) have been awful.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• LoneStarEgg
    Options
    The meat was 175 when I took it off, but I don't monitor the temp of the meat through the entire cook. I monitor the dome temp to keep it at 275, which the egg does real well on its own once it stabilizes. I have only had the egg for 3 weeks. I used to cook on an ECB water smoker (El Cheapo Brinkmann)so I had to always be watching the temp.