Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great EggFest! Thanks, everyone.

Options
Gretl
Gretl Posts: 670
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Old Jim and I enjoyed ourselves so much at the Waldorf EggFest. [p]Mr Earl, gotta get used to your new handle--it was a pleasure seeing you again, as always. And Nature Boy, mighty fine squid. [p]BluesnBBQ...great music, just perfect for the event. We loved meeting Mad Max and Sydney, StumpBaby, GrillMeister, and DrBBQ. Tonia and Larry, please visit any time you come north--an open invitation. [p]I'm just sorry we didn't have more time and bigger appetites. [p]Requesting many recipes: Mad Max's Apple Crisp, WooDoggies' tamales and tomatillo salsa, Can't remember who made them...(was it WailingAngusBeef?)...the Armadillo Eggs--those were fantastic. Tonia and Larry, that cavatelli was pure bliss. Please post that recipe immediately. [p]There were too many great samples for me to menton here. I didn't try anything that wasn't over-the-top delicious. What a great time. Thank you all.[p]Cheers,
Gretl

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Gretl,
    here you go, just for you. . . .it was a real pleasure meeting you and jim. .. sorry i didn't get the word to you about the fart machine. . .$19.00 at spencers gifts. . .it was a hoot (no pun intended. .ok, pun intended). . .anyway, here is the apple crisp recipe. .. glad you enjoyed it. ..[p]Apple and/or Peach crisp recipe. . .[p]9X13 pan (pyrex or enameled is probably best)[p]15 apples/peaches, skinned and cut up into pan [p]2 tspoons lemon juice (spread on the apples to keep from browning. . .
    grease pan (butter works fine)[p]in bowl, mix
    2 sticks butter
    1 ½ cups flour
    2 cups sugar
    4+ teaspoons cinnamon (put as much as you want in to taste)[p]mix together, and press on top of fruit[p]bake at 350 for one hour. . .[p]fantastic when done over the plate setter in the egg. . .