Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty

Options

Comments

• LFGEnergy
    Options
    Same problem with my egg after a few months (and a number of eggs from like posts on forum). BGE was awesome about replacement, they even sent me the upgraded gasket material (which has performed well). The only down side is getting it off of the egg. A razor works well, if you change the blades. I replaced both top and bottom (and took the top of egg off for easier working).

You also will get a number of posts from folks that dont have gaskets, or have not replaced burned gaskets, and the egg works fine. Personal preference thing, I guess.

Dave in Keller, TX
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    Id love to tell you "Sure it's covered, just submit a claim". Unfortunately, neither I nor just about everyone else on this forum can do that.

If I were a dealer, or worked for BGE then I would probably say yes it's covered. If you bought the EGG from a reputable dealer who takes pride in the product the retail, then they will probably make it good. If you receive less than satisfactory results from your dealer, you might want to contact BGE directly and ask them if they would honor this under warranty. More than likely you will receive the answer you want from either of those two.
  • Tarpon65
    Tarpon65 Posts: 205
    Options
    I had mine separate at the glue point two weeks after I bought it. The mother ship sent me the nomex replacement free of charge. I had to buy the glue from Home Depot (around $10 for a big can) and the labor was not too difficult in removing the old adhesive.
  • TnVolKen
    TnVolKen Posts: 198
    Options
    Mike in Abita wrote:
    Id love to tell you "Sure it's covered, just submit a claim". Unfortunately, neither I nor just about everyone else on this forum can do that.

If I were a dealer, or worked for BGE then I would probably say yes it's covered. If you bought the EGG from a reputable dealer who takes pride in the product the retail, then they will probably make it good. If you receive less than satisfactory results from your dealer, you might want to contact BGE directly and ask them if they would honor this under warranty. More than likely you will receive the answer you want from either of those two.

I bought mine at the Eggtoberfest last year in Tucker Ga.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    I think a person could make a living replacing gaskets (well, without the travel expense of course). It wasn't my favorite job, but it wasn't as bad a shoveling snow either.

Key is getting that ceramic clean!
  • Brokersmoker
    Options
    I agree that either the dealer or the Mothership will take care of it. I bought mine at Indy Eggfest last year and had a thermometer issue that BGE sent a replacement since egg was so new (don't have a local dealer that knows anything about the product)

Good luck B)
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    In that case call them. Tell them where you got the EGG and I'm 99.9999999% sure (give or take a 9 or three) they will cover it for you.