Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

gasket unglued

Options
TnVolKen
TnVolKen Posts: 198
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
gasket unglued yesterday. What can I use to reglue?

Comments

• fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    Permatex 26B or Permatex Ultra-Copper - available at auto parts joints or at Wally-World.Ptex26Bcopy.jpg
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    fieroguy has prolly got the best answer..but if you cant get that stuff..3M super 77 spray adhesive works pretty well also..
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Gasket is covered under the warranty if purchased new from a dealer. If gasket shrunk or doesn't fit correctly, you should drop customer service an email and they (he, Bruce) will mail you out a Nomex replacement gasket.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • grillmandan
    Options
    i love the copper version
  • Leggo My Eggo
    Options
    Glad you mentinoed that. I bought my egg new in December and the gasket is already shot. I was surprised at how quickly it began to disentegrate. It wasn't until I joined the forum that I started reading things like not to do ultra high cooks with a new gasket. First day I had it I ran it up to 650 to sear some steaks. :whistle: