Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can you cook burgers and steaks on the large

Deetwood
Deetwood Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
green egg. I know a lot of you have the smaller ones but I really don't want to buy two at one time. [p]Would the large be the best one to go with?

Comments

• Deetwood,
    if you are only going to have one egg i'd absolutely go for the large. .. that way you can cook as much or as little as you like. . .and don't worry about wasting too much lump for a couple of burgers. .. when you are done cooking for the night, you simply seal up the vents and put the rain cap on and the fire snuffs pretty quickly, and you can use the leftover lump for the next cook. . .[p]but this way you have the options to cook a single burger or whole roast or multiple chickens, etc. . .. .

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Deetwood,[p]I started with a medium egg. It was GREAT when I was single. Turn forward several years. [p]I now have a wife, a child, a dog, gold fish, a Volvo, a white picket fence and live in a suburb (Life REALLY has changed). I now also have a Large egg and love it. I does everything! I also have a mini egg and love it too![p]Best luck with you decision.[p]Honey, you smell "Smokey"

• Smokey,[p]My sister is moving to Alpharetta next month. Got a list of good places to eat or things to do? Email me if you want.[p]Thanks,
    Doug[p]

• Deetwood,[p]I cooked up some burgs on the large the other week.
    I used 2 pounds of ground meat and seasoned to my likeing.
    I then made a total of 6 patties from the two pounds. I cooked them at 475F...about 4 minutes each side.[p]Dont forget...you can always reheat and save yourself a little cooking during the busy week![p]