Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First time with a mold in egg

BabyBoomBBQBabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
edited 5:07AM in EggHead Forum
After 5+ years, I finally got mold in the BGE. I am just gonna burn it all off unless you all feel that is a mistake.

BTW, Hello to any of you who remember me. Been quite a while since I have been around here. lol

Comments

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Burn it off..most likely wont be your last time..happens on my neglected XL all to often....and welcome back....things have changed a bit..
  • Thank you! Not in a position to cook as much as I used to and I hope to change that this year.
    Lump prices are up..but we all gotta eat...might as well eat good..and the egg gives me what I call.."As good as it gets"..
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    I'm guessing lump is cheaper than LPG, CNG, and electric. So it works for me! :cheer:
    $20 a bag aint what I call cheap...least not when your burnin some 25 to 30 bags a year..but it's all good..and there are alternatives..and it all works out in the long run..
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    WessB wrote:
    $20 a bag aint what I call cheap...least not when your burnin some 25 to 30 bags a year..but it's all good..and there are alternatives..and it all works out in the long run..

$20. Holy crap.
    You gotta shop it..and beware of the Royal Oak stuff from argentina..
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 168
    I was very happy to find my local Walmart, in Sarasota, final brought in Royal Oak (made in USA) in 10# bags. They have not had this for over a year. I gladly paid $6.37 per bag and I bought 4 of them yesterday. This ends up a few dollars cheaper than Rancher and 1/2 the price of BGE lump. Hopefully they will continue to stock.