Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hey, small owners!

cookingdude555cookingdude555 Posts: 912
edited 9:49AM in EggHead Forum
I am looking into a small to go with the Large I purchased last summer. I have some questions for those that have bought a small recently:

1. What did you pay for your new small?
2. When did you buy it?

Thanks!

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I paid $500 with the nest and tax, about 3 years ago. -RP
    ·
  • $300 with nest. About 6 years ago.

Mike
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,970
    Morning jabinns:

Got mine at the Florida EggFest last March and paid $346 for the Egg only (no nest).

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    I paid $450 with nest, cover, and PS in the summer of 2K8. It was an exceptional deal.

I highly recommend the Small. It is an awesome unit. I use mine mostly for grilling but have smoked on it many times.
    ·
  • EggMiiEggMii Posts: 30
    Paid $380, egg only. Also got it to go with my large and love it. As other say, it's a mean, green, grilling machine. Lights faster and burns less lump. Perfect for those weeknight meals that I dont have as much time for.
    ·
  • 375 for my small only. Got it about a year after I got my large. I seem to use them both at various times.
    ·
  • Santa brought mine............
    ·
  •  
    $700, small, setter and nest. Year and a half ago.

I am thinking I would rather have a second large and or mini for my uses. What I can't do on the mini I do on the large.

GG
    ·
  • jabinns wrote:
    I am looking into a small to go with the Large I purchased last summer. I have some questions for those that have bought a small recently:

1. What did you pay for your new small?
    2. When did you buy it?

Thanks!

Picked mine up Monday to compliment the large. 499 with nest.
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I paid $499 with nest and a CI grate tossed in. I got it last June or July.
    ·
  • Added a small to my large last June. I think I paid in the $500 range, which included a platesetter, but no nest. I use it for quick weeknight cooks as well as for sides when using the large. It's great for a hi temp sear, then transfer to the large for a 350* or so finish.

At Christmas I cooked a ham at 250* on the small while the large handled a Mad Max turkey.
    ·
  • AvocadosAvocados Posts: 465
    1. I conveniently forgot the price so my official answer when the wife asked was "it was a really good discount"

2. Bought mine at the '07 Eggtoberfest to complement my other two Large Eggs.

I also won my third large that year in the big raffle. (Honestly dear.... that one was free!!) :whistle:

- Barry
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    I can get you one for 325. ;)

Some dealers will charge as much as 400.

575 in Honolulu. :laugh:
    ·
  • Bought in silent auction for $250 Early 2009
    Sold September (?) for less.
    DMo
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    I got mine last from a dealer, barely used, one month old. I paid 285 for it with nest and plate setter.
    ·
  • Wow, thanks everyone for your replies, that helps me get a better idea. There is a pretty big range of prices it seems. I cant find one locally here in Utah for less than $560 with the nest. I guess I will have to pick it up on CL like my large, its hard to spend that much when the medium is just $700 (again, local cost with nest).

Any Utah/Idaho eggers want to sell their small?

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

·
  • $425 without nest....bought it last June
    ·