Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best first BGE recipe to try?

Options
Gladieggers
Gladieggers Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi! Our BGE will arrive on Monday around 9:00 AM. (I don't seem too anxious, do I?) :) I was wondering; what is the best "first" BGE recipe to try? Something easy, like burgers? I'd really appreciate input - I've read the cookbook and can't wait to move up - but I need something simple to start with.
Thanks,
Sharon

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Gladieggers,
    I think I'd do steaks for a first cook. They are pretty simple and turn out really well. Just beware of flashback when cooking at high temperatures. Here is a link to my web page on flashbacks, if you haven't seen it:[p]TNW

[ul][li]Flashback -- The Movie[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Gladieggers,
    I would do a spatchcock chicken. It is easy and hard to mess up and it turns out great every time! For directions, visit the Whiz's site below. Only thing I do different is use pecan wood for smoke.[p]~nikki

[ul][li]Spatchcock Chicken[/ul]
  • Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    Gladieggers, I love your name! Too funny! :-) Go for the chicken.-A2B

• Parrothead
    Parrothead Posts: 101
    Options
    Gladieggers,
    I must agree w/ the Whiz on this one! Stick w/ steaks for the inaugural cook. Simple and so-o-o good. Maybe try the TRex method found on Whiz's website. I'm thinking a 1 1/2- 2 inch thick stip steak cooked to perfection. Man o' man my mouth is watering just thinkin' about it, and it's not even 8:00 a.m.!!

Wobbly Pops to ya, Chris