Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lessons our Eggs teach us

Options
Petunia
Petunia Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
#1--Patience. The Egg will not be rushed.
Yesterday was the big day when I would try pizzas. Made my dough from the garlic and butter recipe in the forum cookbook. Set out all my ingredients to get to room temp. Started up the Egg. Put in the place setter [legs up], grill, extender, and pizza stone. You pros see where Grasshopper made her mistake. Anyhow never could get the Egg over 350. Didn't help that it was in the teens outside. Finally conceded that the Egg had won, lesson learned. :blush:
Husband is hungry so put on the first pizza [hamburger, Italian sausage, sauce, onion, pepperoni, garlic,Mozzarella, and cheddar. Although it took longer to cook the results weren't as bad as I anticipated. Crust while not browned was crispy. Second pizza was refried beans, chorizo, onion, tomatoes & green chiles, and a Mexican blend of cheeses. I didn't feel up to braving jalapenos at that point. Boss did say it needed black olives.
So I am anxious to try again. When it gets warmer. Perhaps then patience won't be so hard to find. :P

Comments