Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First DO cook - Chili

Options
Leggo My Eggo
Leggo My Eggo Posts: 155
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Don't have any cool handles on my new egg to show off (and yes, I'm very jealous) so I guess I'll share tonight's cook instead. First time using my new DO with some Chili.

057.jpg

Yummy eats!

059.jpg

Comments

• thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    I had to make my own handles...try it! Chili looks fantastic, post the recipe!
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Leggo My Eggo
    Options
    Thanks, I was kind of winging it with the ingredients I had on hand but here goes:

1 lb. ground chuck
    1/2 lb. mild Italian sausage
    1/2 Green bell pepper finely diced
    1 small onion
    1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
    2 14 oz cans of petite diced tomatoes
    1 can of kidney beans rinsed
    1 can of black beans rinsed
    3 Garlic cloves minced
    1 tsp sugar
    1 cup beef broth
    1/2 tsp. Ancho chili powder
    1 1/2 TBS Chili Powder
    Oregano
    Quick shake of lemon juice
    About 3 good shakes of worchestershire
    About 3 good shakes of hot sauce
    DP Cow lick
    1 tsp. cumin
    Salt & Pepper to taste

First heated egg to 350 with CIDO on egg feet indirect heat. Browned meat with DP cow lick. Little olive oil in the CI & put in the onion & bell pepper with a touch of S&P, chili powder & cumin. Cooked until vegetables were soft & added the garlic for a couple of minutes. Added the beans, then the tomatoes with the sugar. A few shakes of Worchestershire, hot sauce, lemon juice, ancho chili powder, more chili powder, more cumin, & oregano. Added the beef broth & cooked uncovered for about an hour. Re-seasoned with S&P. Garnished with Cheddar cheese & a little sour cream & my favorite crackers. Good eats!
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Looks great. I'd take a Pot of Chili over a fancy handle anyday. Ok, well I do have a fancy handle on both my eggs. :P