Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday's BGE Feast

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The 'Ol Soldier will be fired up this early afternoon.
Inspired by BBQFan1's endless production of wings from E2K, and his generous gift of a bottle of an original chicken wing sauce, that will be first on the Soldier.
These will be followed by JSlot's method of pork ribs...just hope i can remove the membrane..can't wait to taste his rub and the effect the yellow mustard has on that slab!
Then that round will be followed by TIM M's method of tenderloin.
I guess we just couldnt get enough of E2K!
We have some nice side salads...a ice-filled cooler that will keep our beer COLD...and will have back-up beers in the fridge(there aew always times where u need to call in the reserves). The weather will be above 80...going to be a great day.
We will also have COrnfed's corldess phone no more then 2 inches from us at all times..incase of a medical emergency from all that meat!
Hope ya'll are Eggin' it up mucho as well! Wish ya'll can be here.
ST

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]I'm getting geared up for ReconstructedEggfest2000!!! The pork tenderloin is wrapped up in my fridge as I type covered with yellow mustard and a dry rub consisting of Salt, Paprika, Brown Sugar, Garlic, Celery Salt, and some Cayenne. I'll call this rub WITC Dry Rub. This is the kind of rub where you grab your copy of Smoke and Spice and hold it in front of your cabinet and identify as many ingredients as you can that are called for in the common rubs and combine in roughly even proportions. I've had great success with WITC Rubs in the past...plus it saves a trip to the store.[p]As ST noted, ribs, pork tenderloin, and wings. Hopefully, some of my neighbors will stop by and grab some food. If not, it's pork tenderloin sandwhiches all week for me...then again, that doesn't sound so bad...screw the neighbors![p]Just kidding, don't want to disobey the BBQ commandments posted the other day.[p]RE2K in lovely Piscataway, NJ!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!![p]Any Eggers in NJ stop on by![p]Cornfed
  • bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Cornfed,
    Sure hope you get your thermometer to fit. Sounds great! What time are you expecting the rest of us?[p]

• Cornfed
    Options
    bdavidson,[p]After reading your post, I was motivated to try. On the advice of the forum, I was able to file the hole a wee bit wider by hand in about 5 minutes. Thermometer now fits fine and will be put to use in about 10 minutes.[p]Oh, baby, we're in for some good eats![p]And stop by anytime! My apartment sleeps only about 3 comfortably but about 15 uncomfortably![p]Cornfed
  • Cornfed
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]We already have an update! ST just arrived with the ribs and wings. We quickly realized we had no ice for the cooler so ST went to get some ice while I seasoned the wings. While doing so, I realized I had some smoked bacon in my fridge and decided to call an audible at the line of scrimage.[p]Cardiologists beware; the mustard and rub pork tenderloin is now a mustard and rub pork tenderloin WRAPPED IN HICKORY SMOKED BACON![p]Oh, doggy, this is gonna be delicious![p]Heeeeeeee,
    Cornfed

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Cornfed,
    Thanks. You should just post directions to your house and what's on the menu for the week! That way we'll all have a home away from home! "Cornfed's Eat & Sleep...we'll keep the Egg hot for ya."