Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cat's Derby Day Ribs

Options
Fritz
Fritz Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today is Derby Day, the Run for the Roses, the Kentucky Derby. Celbrities abound in Louisville, Kentucky. Over 100,000 people will be at CHurchill Downs today. Heck 106,000 were there yesterday for the running of the Kentucky Oaks (that's the girl's race).[p]Everyone else in the area will be at a Derby arty of some sort. We are no exception. We will be at a party of about 50 extended family members. We will eat well (I am taking about 8# of Cat's Baby Backs--they just bot put on the BGE), drink well (beer and mint juleps abound), play basketball (a serious round-robin game of "horse") and just plain enjoy each other's company. Of course all activity (except the mint juleps) wil cease around 5:38 p.m. when we pause, sing "My Old Kentucky Home", watch the most exciting 2 minutes in sports, and see who one one of our many jackpots.[p]Enjoy.[p]Fritz

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Fritz,[p]Sounds like an awesome day to me! I'm not really a fan of horse racing, but I truly respect the enthusiasm you're putting into the derby pre and post parties. It sounds pretty similar to the way ST and I treat home Jets games.[p]Become passionate about something, then do it![p]Philosopherfed