Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Char Crusts have arrived

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As soon as I returned home from E2K, I ordered a Char Crust variety pack. They are HERE! Such excitement. I want to do a Sirloin Tip roast. I see Tim recommends JJ's rub. Any thoughts on if a Char Crust would be a good alternative? You know, you know...a new toy, I gotta play!

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]The nature of Char-Crust is to char and turn black on the outside. Its a flour based product and it does char pretty easily - the directions say to reduce that char you should cover it with Pam. I wouldn't think it too good on ribs but it sure is good on pork chops and chicken. Play with them and see which you like best and on what. I like the garlic peppercorn for steaks and chops. Original I like on chicken - it has a tiny bite to it. I have found I don't use much roto roast or southern spicy. Enjoy them![p]Tim