Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Something different to cook...

Options
James
James Posts: 232
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the family has requested that I don't do anymore briskett, pulled pork or turkey for a while. (That just sounds crazy to me) I did get carried away and did a lot of each.[p]So, then I made ABT's but I was the only one that could eat them. They couldn't even eat the wimpy ones with the membranes and seeds removed.[p]So, I need to branch out a bit. Has anyone tried stuffed bell peppers? Stuffed tomotoes? We are also trying to keep the calories at a reasonable level. They were all acting like Jalapeños stuffed with cheese and pulled pork, and then wrapped in bacon wasn't diet food or something..[p]Also, I have some bone in Chicken breasts. I always do boneless breasts. Any thoughts on the Bone-in breasts would be great also.[p]Have a nice weekend everyone..[p]

Comments

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    James,
    Chicken and fish are both wonderful prepared on the Egg. Search the recipes for "spatchcock chicken" or "beer butt chicken" and you'll think you're in heaven. Diet food, too! Turkey breasts are so easy it's amazing. Any kind of fish is great grilled, but salmon's especially suited...use a maple and brown sugar glaze with Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub, or try my dijon bourbon recipe in Bill Wise's cookbook. Of course, there's always squid. Always, always squid...(big smile here, NB!)
    Cheers,
    G.

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Gretl,
    ....and then there's my recent invention, Half-Cocked Chicken..... :-)
    TNW

[ul][li]The Naked Whiz's Half-Cocked Chicken[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    James,
    I've been buying those large stuffing mushrooms and putting a tablespoon of pesto with some extra parmesan cheese in them. They're yummy. I toss the mushrooms in extra virgin olive and grill direct at 325° for 15 to 20 minutes,or until soft. Large portabellas work great also, but scrape out the gills to make room for the stuffing.
    Maybe more of an appetizer, but the meaty texture of a whole grilled mushroom can make it a main course with maybe a salad on the side.
    Bob

• James
    James Posts: 232
    Options
    Painter,[p]Mmm.. Those sound good. I might give those a try.[p]Thanks.[p]