Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bashing my lashes for Frank in Houma

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What temp did you target for the cold smoked salmon. Same as cheese, 70-90? Thanks alot!!
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Molly-

When I did the DM recipe it was around 30 degrees when I cooked and my temp didn't get much above 70.

I didn't use ice, just but my can on the bottom and salmon on the grill. It was easy and delicious

hope this helps
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

You also could check with google "how to cold smoke salmon". With cold smoking it might be good to read several sources.

Way to many years ago I did a bunch as well as rainbow trout, it was fantastic and had a good life. As I recall it was important to stay within the safety limits.

I looked but, sorry, I can't recall or find the procedures I used.

Kent
  • Molly,

I really didn't have a target temp. Just loaded the mini with the can and soldering iron and left it for five hours - adding wood chips after 2-1/2. The dome thermometer read 150-160 but to be honest I didn't pay much attention to it and not sure how accurate it is in the 150-160s because I simply removed the grate by hand without any gloves.